Salmon Arm Secondary is a dual campus (Jackson & Sullivan) secondary school approximately three kilometres apart. Our school builds on the traditions of J.L. Jackson Junior High School and Salmon Arm Senior Secondary School. SAS is located in the town of Salmon Arm and draws on neighbouring communities as well as three First Nations Bands. We have approximately 1500 students in grade 9-12. Students have the opportunity to select from numerous excellent academic and elective programs. Of unique note are the Chef Training, Digital Photography, Auto body and
Horticulture programs. We have excellent Fine Art and Athletic programs as well as numerous quality second language courses and career opportunities.
We seek to develop thoughtful, articulate, creative, healthy and responsible individuals by engaging all learners in the pursuit of their potential.
- We believe in the power of our words and our actions.
- We encourage all to strive for excellence.
- We demonstrate and encourage respect for ourselves and others through our actions.
- We are committed to working together in our unique school.
- We support inclusion, welcome diversity and help all students feel they belong.
- We provide opportunities for students to explore creativity and express themselves.
- We respect our connection to the environment.
- We value a healthy balance of mind and body.
- We inspire students to become confident, self-aware members of society.